Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Current dating dilemma: Malibu Ken will be leaving in 3 weeks to have reconstructive knee surgery. He'll be gone for about 2 months and basically dependent on others to get around. Since he was so nice to me on my birthday I thought I would put together a care package. I have a few ideas, but I feel like guys are so much harder to shop for and besides, I can't really package up a blowjob (which is what they really want). I just need a few items to throw in there that will keep him occupied and provide some humor in his life while he's doing 2 months of rehabiliation. Here are a few ideas:

*Simpsons Season 2 DVD box set - his fave show
*A book - perhaps A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius ?
*Can of walnuts - his fave snack
*Home baked cookies
*Foo Fighters CD - In Your Honor
*Under Armour gear - for workouts?

Anyone have other suggestions? Guys, is there an item you wish a girl would give you? Also, is this whole idea a bit much? We're not even officially dating and this kind of gesture could be considered a "girlfriend duty." God forbid that should happen.....

11 Comments:

Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Personally, I think it is too much. You guys aren't even officially dating. I would give him a card, a kiss on the cheek and send him on his way! (ha ha kidding)
Seriously, you guys haven't established what your relationship is yet. Give him a book...throw in the walnuts a framed picture of yourself with a note to his parents that says, "Welcome to the 21st Century, crackers! Now let your son date a black chick without fear of you guys giving him the silent treatment!" (I kid..I kid..I make a little joke)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

"Welcome to the 21st Century, crackers! Now let your son date a black chick without fear of you guys giving him the silent treatment!"

I just laughed my ass off when I read that...

A good book and a DVD would make me smile...

3:45 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

forward thinking, VP... applauded.

When a close friend of mine was set to move away I was going to put together a care package for her.. most of it was going to include foods she likes - especially when having some sort of friendship-related significance - I think you know what you want to put in... if it feels right just do it.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

I'm pretty sure he would like the b.j....you don't want to give him the wrong idea....but maybe he will buy you dinner :-!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Can't go wrong with the Simpsons - can't go wrong with some chocolate chip cookies either...mmmmmm....coookies....

I'd take either one of those 2. (whichever one he refuses)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

i think it's a sweet gesture, as long as you don't have expectations tied to it. If you are purely doing it out of the kindness of your heart, then go for it. If you are secretly hoping that he will reciprocate in some way, that lovely gift may not be the way to go. Typically, though, i am a fan of going above and beyond the call of duty ;o)

9:59 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

No, I don't have any expectations for doing this. I'm not expecting him to just fall over from appreciation and ask me to marry him.

I mean, the guy TORE his ACL. They are breaking bones, fusing them together, putting in screws and creating a new ligament. That sounds pretty serious to me. I just thought a nice going away-sorry you won't walk for two months-have fun with the morphine package would be in order. I guess I was wrong.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

You weren't wrong, VP. Do what you want. I am sure he will appreciate it. I apologize if I was too sarcastic...I just don't want you to get hurt.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Pretty in Pink said...

Maybe throw together a boquet of Blow Pops to go with that framed picture...I'm sure he'll get the meaning...tee hee!

Smooches

9:00 AM  
Blogger RHB said...

Simpsons, Family Guy.

All good stuff.

Blow Pop picture. That's funny.

12:20 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

blow pop picture, classic. thanks everyone!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home