Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hot Child Summer In the City...

While I was on the elliptical last night, a great episode of the Simpsons was on. Springfield was going through a heat-wave, which then created riots all over town, complete with Otto carrying off a painting of Guernica. A butterfly simply burst into flames, it was so hot. A few highlights:

Homer substituting the word pizza several times in "Radar Love."

Chief Wiggum: Why aren't you in school?
Ralph: My teacher says she gives up.
Chief Wiggum: Me too son, me too.

Fat Tony rolling around town to the Sopranos theme song and glueing cotton balls to ferrets to pass off as poodles.

Homer: OK, who's with me??
Dr. Hubbard: I can't. I have a lot of living to do. I just discovered Thai food.


Of course I thought about the current weather in D.C. after seeing this episode. Everyone's talking about how hot it is all the time. But honestly folks, its summer in D.C. I really don't expect anything else besides 100% humidity all the time. I also don't expect my hair to stay straight after 10 AM. And I don't expect riots to occur, although it would be kinda sweet to loot Cakelove or Intermix. God I love D.C.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

The greatest Simpsons episode of all-time is the Monorail episode...a close second is Flaming Moe's...

12:02 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

I always loved the one where Bart sells his soul. And Flaming Moe's is hilarious.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home