Friday, July 29, 2005

Que Syrah, Syrah....

I have readily admitted that I am a wino. Indecent Offense will vouch for this. I usually stick with white - pinot grigio, soave, chardonnay, sauvignon blanc. Reds are a bit tough for me, but I do enjoy a few varieties.



My current favorite is a California pinot noir. So refreshing and tasty.... Is that a hint of of oak and cherry I'm detecting? Or perhaps black pepper?? So how do you describe the assemblage of flavors that roll over your tongue? Thanks to WineXMagazine there is now a way to recreate these flavors in candy form. WineXMagazine teamed up with Jelly Belly to create a Jelly Belly Wine Bar.


Here’s how it works: Choose one of the 30 or so grape varietals on the site and then order the kit with appropriately matched beans. The website is fun but the kits are expensive (I think you could very easily go out and buy the selected Jelly Bellys at a cheaper cost). Italian Moscato on the menu? Pop pear, apricot, peach, pink grapefruit, orange, and tangerine candies into your mouth. Malbecs got you curious? Pop blueberry, plum, raspberry, cherry, and pepper candies. You can eat them all at once or chew one at a time. Then the next time you have a glass of wine, your taste buds will be able to discern each flavor (And the Jelly Bellys won't make your head feel like it's been hit by a 2x4 the next morning)!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que Sera Sera.

What will be, will, en Francais ;)

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what will be will be.

oops

3:32 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

que sera sera

and in spanish.

I like wine too.

3:58 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

in spanish, yes.

i thought i was being witty with my play on words in the posting...

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home