Thursday, July 28, 2005

Seersucker, Schmeersucker

Good lawd, it was hotter than a Times Square Rolex last night. I had to attend a reception at the Capitol Hill Club so I broke out the seersucker jacket and the pearls. Scary I know. Apparently everyone else got the memo to wear seersucker because I saw it displayed in a myriad of ways. There were old men in seersucker suits, young men in seersucker pants, and a pregnant woman with a seersucker skirt. But everyone pulled it off in their own way.

The reception was rather lovely. But the death knoll sounded as soon as I headed to the bar. Excuse me, the OPEN BAR. 4 glasses of wine later I thought it was time for food, so we headed to Saki in AdamsMo. It could have been the pinot grigio talking, butI had some of the best sushi there. Very very fresh and flavorful.

From there we went to Millie and Al's for $1 beer night. But of course it was $1 Miller and I hate Miller. I'm not a big beer snob, but I'm not a fan of the skunky aftertaste that permeates Miller.

I soon found myself sitting at a table with 4 guy friends and "being one of the guys." Mike even said, "It's cool that we can talk about anything in front of you. You're almost like one of the guys." I took this as a compliment, even if it relegates me to friend/little sister status forever. Topics discussed included: Jon Stewart, John's Hopkins admissions, anal-rape, fuglies, liberals, beastiality, Car Talk, how much California sucks, chair dancing, and Jimi Hendrix. If it had been girls the topics would have only included boys, Jude Law, and jeans. Therein lies the differences between the sexes :)

4 Comments:

Blogger RHB said...

Whilst wearing seersucker, ladies must ensure that their collar is popped.

The friend zone sucks don't it?

The "you're one of the guys" line is just like the "you're so cute" BS we dudes get.

9:36 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

Milkman - I'm sure you looked handsome and genteel nonetheless.

9:48 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

I actually don't mind "being one of the guys" around this group because I'm not really attracted to any of them. But they are good guys and trustworthy so that counts more in my book.

10:23 AM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

But without the chats about Jude Law and jeans, who would you be able to go shopping with??

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home