Monday, July 18, 2005

Wedding Crashers

Love this movie. Love it. Go and see it if you get a chance. You can rant and rave about how Vince and Owen aren't really acting and its just sophomoric humor, but this movie kept me laughing a good 1 hour into it.

The chemistry between Vince and Owen is undeniable and believable. There is a scene where Owen's character tells Jeremy (Vince) that he loves him. And Jeremy replies with a manly, "I love you too" between bites of pancake. AWWWW. The dialogue is fun and quirky throughout the film.

Another reason to love the film is that it was shot on location in D.C. Its been awhile since I've seen a movie that made D.C.'s locale look this good. Nice shots of the monuments and Potomac of course, but also some shots in Union Station I believe, and the National Cathedral where the Treasurer's daughter gets married. Christopher Walken plays the Treasurer, and I wish he was utilized more in this film. Although it's kinda nice to not be totally creeped out by Walken in this role.

Now let's take a moment to revel in Vince Vaughn. I cannot say enough about how he steals so many scenes in so many movies (Old School, Swingers, Be Cool). It's not just what his lines are in the scene, it's how he delivers it. His personality and humor definitely make him attractive and one of my fave comedic actors.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

GREAAAAAAAATTTT movie. GREAT. Loved every second of it.

Saw it drunk with a good girlfriend Friday night, sold out show (thank god for fandango). In the wedding scene, I said, "that's the National Cathedral!" She said, "Oh, no, I don't think you can get married there." I stared at her for a second, then said, "Um, I think they would let them FILM a wedding there, though." Hysterical.

10:07 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

K -Yeah, I'm pretty sure the church officials made an exception for a fake wedding:) Although how lovely would it be to get married there...I'll look into it ;)

Does anyone know what area that was when the Treasurer and Clare are walking and looking at flowers before her wedding? I thought maybe it was outside Union Station judging by the arches, because Eastern Market doesnt look like that....

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

That was Union Station!! Another funny moment with the drunk GGF: I said, "hey! that's Union Station!" She said, "Oh, no, they don't have flowers like that there." I stared at her for a second, then said, "Um, I'm pretty sure they could set it up with flowers for this scene." She agreed, then further confirmed it was Union Station. Also hysterical.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home