Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Few of My Favorite Things

Time to appreciate the good things going on, as opposed to the bad things and all those out there chomping on Hater-Tots.

Favorite Things/Appreciation List
*My family - Mom and Dad, and my incredibly funny brother
*The way my dad exaggerates every story he tells
*How my grandma cries when she hears "When A Man Loves A Woman"
*Friends who are open-minded and listen to my ramblings on sociological theories
*Friends who inquire if I'm "sick" when I refuse a drink
*Saying I plead the fifth amendment (or the "Fif")
*Freedoms afforded to all Americans
*Shakespeare plays and sonnets
*The English Patient
*Cumulus clouds
*The smell of onion grass
*The word "succulent"
*The panda Malibu Ken gave me (stuffed toy of course, not Mei Xiang)
*The South of the Border rest stop and useless crap venue
*Matt's gray T-shirt
*The New York Times
*"Lovesong" - The Cure
*British accents
*My Nintendo and power pad
*A picture from 2001 formal
*Massages
*Body surfing
*Planetariums
*Law & Order
*Iambic pentameter
*Haribo Gummi Bears (big ups to the pseudo-Motherland of Germany)
*Pepperjack cheese
*Newly vacuumed carpet
*Italy
*My foreign currency collection (pre-Euro)
*Requited love
*Sour Apple Martinis
*"NYC" - Interpol
*Washington's monuments
*Running along the Potomac River
*Kisses on the forehead
*The way my co-worker's baby gurgled when I held him
There's a million things I have left off this list....

7 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

HARIBO GUMMY BEARS ARE MY FAVE!

And nobody understands that they ARE different than regular random gummy bears!

Yay DCPD!

10:40 PM  
Blogger ListenToLeon.net said...

Great list...Way to get folks off the Hater-Tots :)

12:18 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

Hustleman - After reading your HighLARIOUS blog, I forgot to add chicken fingers to this list. I probably included to much food on here anyway, but you could sit me in the nastiest, stank Mom and Pop diner on the outskirts of Kentwood, LA and I would still be excited if chicken fingers were on the menu.

2:13 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

I have a list like this in my profile that gets cut off because I made it too long. There are just so many amazing things we take for granted.

As for Thursday: e-mail me. dccookie@gmail.com

3:22 PM  
Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

I am a sugar candy freak -- jelly beans, Mike & Ike's of all flavors, Swedish fish, Good & Plenty, etc. You name a chewy candy and, chances are, I love it. Except the Gummy Bear. I just don't get it! They are so unsatisfying to me. I can eat a huge bowl of them and still want something more flavorful. I will, however, give them another chance (the Haribo kind for sure)

Speaking of whole bowl of 'em, this awesome restaurant in San Fran puts a huge bowl of Gummy Bears on the table after your meal.

P.S. What's going on Thursday?

5:29 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

yes what IS happening on Thursday?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

MPL - what restaurant has the bowl of gummy bears???

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home