Friday, August 12, 2005

Fighting the Good Fight at Taco Bell

Question 1: Why do I still believe I can drink without first eating something??

Question 2: Where were all the cool kids last night?

Mr. Smith's of course for Blogger happy hour. The gracious host, Kathryn, has a recap w/ pictures. Including a picture of my massive head sporting the Milkman's hat. I'm thinking about trying to get one of those hats so I can wear it around town and tell people I make "home deliveries." Anyway, I got to meet the aforementioned players -Kathryn is captivating and The Milkman is a tall chainsmoker- as well as Circle V, DC Cookie (sorry I couldn't talk longer!), I-66 (who could possibly pass as my brother??), The Captain, Tiaras Optional, the lovely Linz of Lagniappe in DC, Throwing Hammers....ummm hope I didn't forget anyone.

I left early to meet up with some friends and go see a band at Iota. Then we headed to Dr Dremos. I still had not eaten a morsel of food, and the last Purple Haze put me over the edge. Thank god Dremos is next to the Taco Bell (but not for long, apparently they're both getting torn down for condos). So I think it's my duty as an Arlingtonian to frequent these establishments as much as possible.

So we walked over to Taco Bell with the gleaming allure of the glory that is a Crunch Wrap Supreme. All night everyone had been raving about it. Get to the door of TB - DENIED. Lobby closes at 11PM and the drive thru was longer than a free cone day line at Ben and Jerry's.

So we went home instead where I somehow managed to make nachos. Here are 3 things I always have stocked in my kitchen - nachos ingredients (chips, guacamole, cheese, salsa, and sour cream), spaghetti (pasta, marinara sauce, parmesan cheese), and pinot grigio. So I create my labor of love nachos plate and we all dig in. I felt muchhh better after eating. But this morning I am strug-a-ling. Tonight I might stay in to rest up for my big BIRTHDAY MASH-UP on Saturday.

I sent an evite around, but if any of you didn't get it don't be offended. I probably didn't have your email or the right address. But everyone should stop by LOCAL 16 ON AUG 13 @10 PM. Plus, I heard there's going to be a sweeeet DJ there.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

So good to meet you, VP! You are absolutely aDOORable (slam it shut). :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger The Captain said...

I had my own bad Taco Bell experience last night. Fucking soda.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I missed blogging babes. Taco Bell. And birthdays.

(Hanging head in shame)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Taco Bell is the kind of food you shouldn't be allowed to eat 1) sober or 2) before 2 a.m. It's the "I've been drinking all night, and now I need to eat something" restaurant. Why aren't they using this as a national marketing campaign?

12:58 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

10:30ISH!!!! TONIGHT AT LOCAL 16

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little miss kitty
putting on a tune
changing discs
ding dang doon

can I have
one dance with you
you're so sweet
and so cute! :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

nice one, Anon.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home