Thursday, August 18, 2005

Homer-rific

In this all media edition: iPods, wireless transmitters, wireless internet, and DVDs.


1. My fab mother gave me an iPod mini (in what else but pink). I am assbirds for it. I've been tooling around with it all week. The iTunes set-up was pretty easy. It's just going to take me awhile to upload songs from my CD collection. I worked out with it on monday and tuesday and actually got excited about getting on a treadmill. When does that ever happen??

"iPod Mini Mini Playlist"
311 - Homebrew
Maximo Park - Postcard of a Painting
The Shins - Caring Is Creepy
Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha
Garbage - You Look So Fine
Jay-Z - Allure (Grey Album remix)
Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Pearl Jam - Black


2. Does anyone have a Griffin iTrip or Xtreme Mac radio transmitter? Both are about $40, but I've heard good and bad things about each. I would like to be able to use my iPod in the car, especially on long trips.

3. *Warning* - Complaint: My inconsiderate roommate A and his gf L moved the wireless router downstairs when they moved in to the basement. So now the wireless only works in certain spots on the first floor on the right side of the house. Why the hell am I paying for wireless when I am only able to use it while doing an acrobatic pose perched on the side of my bed and wearing tin foil? We've asked them to fix this - but of course they don't care.


4. While looking for accessories for said iPod yesterday at Best Buy, I noticed their sale on the Simpsons Season Six DVD for $29.99. Sweeeet. So I splurged and picked it up. It comes with cool packaging and the classic "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" episode.






"But wait...you can't kill me for being Krusty the Klown. I'm not him...I'm Homer Simpson!"
"The same Homer Simpson who crashed his car through the wall of our club?"
"Uh, actually, my name is Barney. Yeah, Barney Gumbel."
"The same Barney Gumbel who keeps taking picture of my sister?"
"Uh, actually, my _real_ name is, uh -- think, Krusty, think! -- Joe Valachi!"
"The same Joe Valachi who squealed to the Senate Committee about Organized Crime?"
[later]"Benedict Arnold!"
"The same Benedict Arnold who plotted to surrender West Point to the hated British?"
"D'oh!"

2 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

I have an iTrip.. but I don't recall it costing so much. It worked better on my old car which had an external visible antenna than my current car which has an invisible one -- it's been reasonably reliable though.

5:24 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

Hmm I have an invisible antennae in my back window.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home