Thursday, September 01, 2005

Behind These (Bloodshot) Hazel Eyes

First, let's give a big welcome to September with a song inspired by Kelly Clarkson:


Here I am once again
I've drunk a few mojitos
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought I could have just one
Mix it up, drunk dialing
But you won't get to see the beers I try
Behind these bloodshot hazel eyes.


Well I had a little too much to drink last night and I'm at work feeling like death on a morphine drip. My first stop of the evening was Halo where I met Keith for 2 for 1 drinks. Anyplace that has 2 for 1 drinks is OK in my book, then throw in some nice eye candy with a fun new friend and it's stellar. Keith is fun and adorable and I hope we get to hang out again! Halo is a pretty cool place with really good mojitos (with fresh raspberries!!) and it's smoke free (I like that) . It's also nice to not have guys ogle you. But I did have a very drunk small man come up to me and tell me that I was beautiful and had a nice body. His name was Pablo or Pedro or Poblano or something, but I'm not so sure he was Hispanic......

Then I headed back to FARlington to meet some friends at Mexicali Blues for 1/2 price pitchers of sangria (and I saw my neighbor Tom!). Oh boy. I had a few too many cups of sangria which made me get the munchies bad so I downed a whole plate of nachos. When I got home I was ready to throw-up, but I somehow kept my shit together. Then I drunk dialed Malibu Ken who immediately knew I was sauced.

He said something that I thought was interesting. We were talking about being responsible as an adult and having class, and he said looking back his ex-gf wasn't very classy. He believes that he was just blinded by puppy love and now he looks for class in a girl. He paid me a compliment by saying that I was classy and smart and he appreciates that. Nice. Very nice. Now I've only got 3 more days to keep up this euphoria.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Aw, we like Malibu Ken.

You go with your classy, drunk-dialing, man-enticing self!

9:41 AM  
Blogger The BLS said...

By far the best compliment I've ever gotten was when my boyfriend told me that I was "classy."

I'm so glad that you got to hear those words, too, and that they apparently meant as much to you as they did to me. :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

VP....hair off the dog!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home