Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Cupid Has Flown the Co-Op

Well I guess love is still kinda in the air....

Malibu Ken left this weekend to go home for surgery on Wednesday for his ACL injury. We had a great goodbye dinner at Marrakesh and left things pretty open as far as our status. I spent most of the weekend drowning my sorrows in retail therapy and bordeaux. I miss him already and yeah, two months isn't that long....I guess. I am honestly surprised at the different flow of emotions I've been experiencing towards the situation. One moment it's hope that I've finally found someone, the next it's anger at the prospect of him giving into his parents and not dating me. Then there's excitement about him moving back to Arlington when this is all done, followed by saudade (roughly translates to longing and sadness tinged with joy).

But all of this seems trivial compared with what's going on in New Orleans and the Gulf States. I made a donation to Red Cross, and then I heard that some evacuees are coming to the DC Armory. Apparently they were supposed to arrive Sunday but deplorable ground conditions and red-tape (of course) has delayed their arrival until later this week I think. I called the mayor's office and gave my information to sign up as a volunteer for when they do arrive. I urge everyone else in the DC metro area to call the mayor's office at (202) 727-1000 to learn how you can help and sign up to be a volunteer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home