Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Word of the Day

**WARNING - NERD ALERT*** I've always been a bit of a book worm. I majored in English and in my profession I do a lot of writing. I have found Dictionary.com's "Word of the Day" to be extremely entertaining. It arrives in my email inbox full of meaning and and obscure literary references. I actually started saving my word of the day as I began studying for the GREs this month. I think that learning these words will increase my verbal score (but the math portion is a whole other story).

Today's word of the day is: deliquesce. Fun word to say. Can anyone guess what it means?

Also some of my favorite words in the English language are omnipotent, farrago, regale, salacious, leery, grace, shady, fabulous, fake, sanctuary, and motley. I warned you guys this would be a nerd-fest :)

6 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

word verification has given me some made-up-words that I love. My favorite: Jeooci... it is not long before people start writing it instead of "juicy" and sounding it out when saying it. A trend I must start...

jeooci (jee-oo-see) [adj]: awesome, wonderful, great, beautiful, etc.

Jeooci.

11:45 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

I think you should start a new clothing line: Jeooci Couture. It could be uber-hipster athletic apparel. Hmmm I like where this is going. I could handle PR for you!

12:34 PM  
Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Deliquesce sounds like a combination of delicatessen and coalesce . . .

Is it when they build a new subway restaurant in your neighborhood?

"The other day, Woodley Park was deliquesced."

Word Verification: "Tmyycor!"

12:47 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

did you just call me a hipster?

1:08 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

I-66 - no I didn't call you a hipster. But I think you could market the Jeooci Couture line that way. Stick with me kid and you'll go far ;)

1:16 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

fine geek face.

deliquesce : \del-ih-KWES\, intransitive verb.


oh and AUA - Subway is the shit.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home