Wednesday, September 21, 2005

You Need a Nip AND a Tuck



Last night's premiere of Nip/Tuck was stellar. I really loved the directing (especially the scenes where Kimberly/Christian and Julia/Sean are arguing) and they played a band called Elbow that I like. Favorite line of the night: "Threesomes are the new black." Glad I got the memo. Hmmm who would I choose? Elizabeth Hurley and Brad Pitt of course. Cuz ya know, I so have a chance with them.

I won't give away too much for those who didn't watch it. But there was a plastic surgery scene that almost made me hurl my Honey Nut Cheerios. The patient had breast implants that leaked and she waited three years before coming in to get them fixed. Sean removes the silicone implant but the silicone had leaked into her breast cavity and congealed into a sticky mess. The scene was quite disturbing but I love Nip/Tuck for pushing the envelope and showing the dark dark side of plastic surgery.

This reminded me of my co-worker who told me a story about a recent encounter with a college freshman who is a friend of the family. This girl got breast implants for her high school graduation gift. Holy schnikes. What happened to asking for a Tiffany bracelet for a graduation gift?? How can parents raise their daughters to believe it is OK to even ask for this? And how can plastic surgeons agree to do an operation on a young female, who at 18 is still technically growing?

I think plastic surgery is a personal choice and I won't pass judgement on adults who do it. But children who want elective plastic surgery is another story.

I guess it's easy for me to sit back on my bountiful bosom high horse and disagree with breast implants. Mine are *inspirational - edited thanks to Sean* and there's even a whole comment section on it. But I suppose the pressure to have breasts is very real, as is pressure to have slim hips, thighs, and a perfect face. If I were to get one surgery done it would be liposuction on my lower half. But I hate pain so I guess that wouldn't work out. And how do you explain to your coworkers why you're swollen and sitting on a hemroid doughnut pad for two months? So what would YOU have done if you could pick one surgery?

7 Comments:

Blogger DC said...

I know I asked for the tiffanys bracelet/ring combo for MY HS graduation.....

2:04 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

No not everyone can have such inspirational breasts as mine.

M.I.A. is pretty hot and a good performer. I saw her a few months ago. I don't know who imogen heap is....

4:10 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I FUCKING LOVE NIP/TUCK! We should watch it together darling!

A girl at my college got breast implants for getting straight A's.

Dale - I approve! Hah.

4:45 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

One of my sorority sisters used her student loan funds for a boob job. She saw it as an investment, but it didn't pay off; she still doesn't have her M.R.S. like she wanted.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Sparklebot said...

That seductive detective is my new hero.

1:02 PM  
Blogger RHB said...

"I'm back baby"

Christian Troy, God, what a bad ass.

10:39 PM  
Blogger The BLS said...

I Heart Nip/Tuck. I didn't get a chance to see it, but I've heard some pretty interesting schtuff. And yes, Christian Troy? Soooo hot.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home