Monday, October 24, 2005

It Tastes Like Fall

Allo, back from Hartford, Patheticut and sporting a new high-lighted do. The only good thing about Hartford was that at the Starbucks, Maple Macchiatos were being offered as a seasonal drink. I don't know if it's being offered here yet, but Maple Macchiatos are more yummy than Pumpkin Spice Lattes and taste like fall.

Last night I went to the Death Cab for Cutie show and thus ended my month long tour de force of concert attendance. I've been to a concert every week for the past 5 weeks. DCFC were EXCELLENT and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. Standout songs for me were "For What Reason", "Brothers on a Hotel Bed", and "I Will Follow You Into the Dark." Oh yeah, and that song from the Six Feet Under Soundtrack that had me about to bust a tear duct. I was also surprised to look up into the balcony and see A Unique Alias, the resident DC blogger hottie. I didn't want to be that girl and yell across the 9:30 club floor, but I guess he now knows I was there.

And in true VP fashion I attracted the most drunk boy there, who slurred and mangled his way into my heart. Actually, he was quite cute and tall, and was there with his equally cute brother. But he clearly had one too many shots of something and would not stop talking throughout the entire concert. And periodically he would put his arm around me while singing the lyrics to his heart's content. And he kept staring at me which was odd. Finally I asked him if he needed something, like oh, his stomach to be pumped. He informed me that it was a pleasure standing next to me at the concert and if I'm ever in Annapolis (where he lives I guess) that we should meet up. Because I am the Queen of Awkward When It Comes to Boys and can't tell when a guy is hitting on me, I just smiled and said sure, and forgot to offer my number. But he didn't ask, so oh well.

It's probably for the better that I didn't give him my number because Malibu Ken is coming back on Sunday!!! It'll be nice to have hugs and kisses after two months of zero-loving. His crippled ass will be moving back to Annandale (uggg too far away really) and I'm sure there will be a period of euphoria upon seeing him again. Then the happiness will end when I realize that his parents are still uber-bigots and I have no idea where the relationship is going. Again, because I am the Queen of Awkward When It Comes to Boys, I will get the itch to have a DTR and ruining the situation. Gotta take it one day at a time right?

6 Comments:

Blogger A Unique Alias said...

B-b-but what about Photobooth??

12:56 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

AUA- yeah, yeah good song too. but like your friend mentioned all of the songs start to sound alike after two hours.

is your haloscan working yet?

1:27 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

If he wasn't slick enough to remember that it required a phone number to get you out to annapolis, it wasn't worth giving it...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Good luck with the return of the boy...

I have missed you Ms. VP!

10:30 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Bite your tongue woman. Nothing is more delicious than a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Even the Gingerbread Latte pales in comparison.....

8:02 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

Chip - "For What Reason" was my theme song senior year after a hellish 4 yrs chasing someone.

Boy - I thumb my nose at you sir! I'm going all Shakespearian on yo ass! Really, the maple macchiato is to die for.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home