Monday, November 07, 2005

Enjoying The Fruits of My Labor

OK, it's more like I'm enjoying the fruits of the Redskins' labor right now by eating Papa John's pizza with free toppings. Perfect for a tired Monday night. For those not familiar with the Papa John's DC Metro promo, for every TD scored by the Skins you get a free topping. If the Skins win, then double toppings. Last night the Skins miraculously beat the Eagles and charted two TDs. That equals a happy VP and 4 free toppings!

All the naysayers will obviously say that the Skins only won because Terrell Owens wasn't playing (and McNabb wasn't 100%). Owens's suspension from the game was his own damn fault, and now he's been suspended for the rest of the season. What the F is wrong with these athletes who get paid millions per year and feel as though they aren't paid enough??? I know that franchises make millions off of licensing, merchandise, TV deals, and ultimately the performances of the players, but Owens signed a deal for $48.97 million for seven years. That's $7 million a year!@#@#*! And he gets 3 months vacation time! Teachers work the same schedule and don't get paid that much. If someone was going to pay my ass $7 million to travel the country and play on a field once a week (with the risk of injury) I would strap on some UnderArmour so quick the Eagles wouldn't know what him 'em. I don't understand why a player of his caliber is throwing his career away. I guess his ego is bigger than his jockstrap. To Owens I will say: "You're good, but you're no Moses. Part some seas, then maybe I'll think you're worthy of more than $49 million. Until then keep on acting like a dumbass and allowing the Skins to win so I can get more free toppings from Papa John's."

2 Comments:

Blogger DC Cookie said...

I guarantee the suspension isn't gonna do anything to his arrogance...

2:36 PM  
Blogger sethro said...

TO is potentially the most arrogant player to ever grace the field. Its amazing to watch the soap opera that is his career.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home