Tuesday, November 22, 2005

KC Doesn't Suck But the Redskins Do

Back from Kansas City with a brand new sweater coat from Urban Outfitters and a liking for Gates BBQ. The midwest isn't so bad (for Adam and the Dutchess). I found KC downtown to be quite quaint and I did notice all the fountains and statues. I stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Country Club Plaza which was perfect because I was 2 blocks away from Urban, A/X Exchange, Express, J Crew, Barnes & Noble,etc.

My fave place I visited was Brio restaurant. It was my fave because I got shatfaced for free. Here's the rundown: I go to Brio by myself to sit at the bar and order dinner. I find an empty seat and order and then this blonde chick comes and sits beside me. I knew something was up because she was well dressed and started chatting with me pretty quickly. She informs me that she is running a somewhat undercover promotion/research for Bailey's liquor. She asks me if I want to participate by asking the bartender questions and ordering drinks. 2 chocolate martinis w/ Bailey's, 2 glasses of wine, and a B52 later I'm bombed. And it was all on her tab. I don't quite remember saying goodbye or stumbling back to my hotel, but I woke up fully clothed the next morning. Thanks go out to the fine folks of Brio and Kansas City.

When I returned to DC on Sunday it was time for the big game: my first Redskins game at FedEx Field! I took Papa Dior for his birthday and our seats were in the endzone right in front of the Redskins band. The view was suh-weet and the crowd was amped....until the Skins reminded us why they suck. It's just so frustrating to see a team with so much potential basically throw the game away with fumbles and penalties. I swear every freaking play had a flag called. All in all it was a great experience and I am so happy to be back home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

The Plaza is great...so much to do and see, and so much money that can be spent quickly...glad you liked it out here...

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home