Wednesday, November 02, 2005

This Week Needs to End

Boooooooo ...shit has hit the fan this week. I know other people are having difficult days as well. So far this week I find myself busy to the point of tears. (BTW, Malibu Ken has been very considerate and understanding, and everyday I appreciate him more and more). Work has quadrupled due to the acquisition of 2 new accounts and it seems there is a new priority assignment every hour. I have never compiled so many Word and Excel documents in my life. To my bosses I would like to say: "Alright, I get it. Every client is a priority, but when you keep heaping assignments on me someone's priority has to give. Now I must retire to my office to curse Bacons.com and guzzle Caramel Macchiatos. That is all."

And then I got word that my great-grandmother died. I have to fly down to Florida on Friday, and obviously funerals are not the most desired forum to visit family members. But it will be good to see my grandpa and extended family who I haven't visited in 2 years.

This week reminds me of finals time during my days at W&M. You've never seen so many nerds of all race, creed, and religions band together to suffer through no sleep, minimal food, and cracked-out dispositions. I hope everyone else has a pleasant week. I shall return in a few days, same Blog Channel, same Blog Time.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Hang in there, VP! I'll be pulling for you from my bunker over here.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Sorry to hear it, vp.

This is a depressing day in dc blog world...you, kathryn, rhinestone cowgirl...

3:45 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

thanks guys! although phil it would be golden if i could use the playaz jet to make my trip, instead of US Suckways.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

You'd be a sight getting off the Playaz jet: tottering in your stilettos, waving a magnum of champagne around saying "Where's the party?"...and you're there to attend a funeral.

Seriously...sorry the week has been hard on you and for your loss. Safe journey.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Of course!

I will have Kenny fly the jet to DC to pick you up.

9:27 PM  
Blogger sethro said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, VP. Hope the trip goes well.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I'm all late...but you know I love ya too!

9:53 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

sara- i think that's a wonderful idea

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home