Thursday, December 15, 2005

I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm

For the love of all things holly - go out and buy Christmas With The Rat Pack. I'm sitting in my office with a cup of coffee, chocolate peppermint cookie, and a "snowy" view of the Potomac River listening to this CD.

***
So a few weeks ago I started going over to Malibu Ken's every Tuesday to watch Nip/Tuck with him, his roommate, and another friend - all VMI alums. At first I was intimidated and hoped his friends would like me. I think getting along with a boy's friends is vital. His friends are very cool and now every week they ask him if I'm coming for the Nip/Tuck viewing. He says that I've officially "won them over."
When I started watching Nip/Tuck over there I never intended on staying the night. But he lives in freakin Annadale, which is a good 30 minutes from Arlington. Geographically undesirable - but so desirable in every other way :) So for the past 3 weeks I've spent the night there, hoping that he wouldn't say: "Good lord you snore loudly! No more weeknight sleepovers." But Wednesday morning there I was in his arms, when he said something very cool: "You know, when you wake up and smile at me that is the best feeling." I'm still convinced he's going to break up with me any day now and return to his model ex-girlfriend, but I will cherish his sweet comments for the time being.
***
I'm going to a wedding on New Year's with MK. Very excited about spending a weekend away with him. But the most important decision is - what to wear to the wedding!!??!? I went through my dress inventory and decided that four years' worth of sorority formals and cocktail party mixers still left me with no satisfying options. I did some research and decided on a strapless lace champagne dress from - brace yourselves - Ann Taylor. I know, I know, I've talked a lot of shit about people who wear Ann Taylor out after 5PM, but I will give AT credit for having nice party dresses. Behold, my dress:

Photo from www.anntaylor.com

I tried on the dress in-store so I know it fits. Not only did I get this beauty on sale on-line, but it matches my strappy gold-metallic-sparkly heels I've never worn. Last night I picked up some cute earrings, a (cough cough) faux fur cream capelet from the Mecca (Tar-jay) and a sparkly handbag. It's really not my goal to upstage the bride, but some things are inevitable ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Washington Cube said...

Charming, and you already have the entire outfit pulled together. (I will not bust your chops over Ann Taylor).

4:32 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding, where one of the guests wore that dress. Tres cute!

5:00 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

cube- thanks for not knocking me when i'm down !

nicole- i like this dress because it doesn't look like a bridesmaid dress. however, when you buy from a retail chain you always run the risk of someone else having your dress on. if this happens god help the other girl!haha, actually if that did happen i would grin and bear it.

chase - i plan on taking lots of pics. my mom has already demanded that. as for breaking up, eh i don't know if i can call it woman's intuition... or me being way over analytical. either way if it came down to who would be the first to leave, i bet it would be him.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Madame Mansour said...

Target is my Mecca too :)

10:58 PM  
Blogger JordanBaker said...

Anytime you can find an outfit to wear with the great shoes you own but haven't worn is a major girl victory.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

That is so hot and I love it!

BTW I have a tweed dress I love from Ann Taylor. Not "party" attire, but ya know...

12:17 PM  
Blogger The BLS said...

Hawtt dress. :P Have fun with MK!

3:20 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

sean- yes it has been too long since we discussed my inspirational boobs. they aren't getting too much public display lately due to the weather....

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home