Wednesday, December 28, 2005

This Better Involve A Tiffany's Little Blue Box....

Is anyone else at work bored out of their minds?? The whole metro area is as quiet as a mouse. Frankly, it's kind of refreshing.


**************

So the xmas holiday was very good to me. I actually got my Magic Bullet and wine tower, as well as assorted drinking paraphenelia from my mom (which prompted my father to ask, "Do you really need a whole tower to house your wine??!??!). My little brother again proved he rocks at gift selections by giving me a pink Baby Phat purse and Sweet Pea accoutrement from Bath&Body Works. The kid has good taste - I've taught him well. I also got money and an American Express gift card - sooo cool. And I'm thankful for getting to spend quality time with my family, including watching Mama Dukes get tipsy off of apple martinis.

Alas, Santa did not put David Beckham under my tree, but he did give me a very special gift in the form of a hot man - my boyfriend. Malibu Ken used the term "girlfriend", officially ending any speculation on my part that I would be doomed to DTR hell. It's been two years since I was in a committed relationship so it's very weird. Not gonna lie - I have no idea how to act. Like, you mean I can't talk about how that hot guy at Trader Joe's made me feel funny inside? I can't flirt and dance with boys to get free drinks at Ozio???!? Damn. But seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend right now (Except for the fact that we still have not exchanged xmas gifts. Apparently my gift was "not ready" by xmas so we will exchange gifts on New Years in Nags Head. Hmm what kind of gift would not be ready??? Jewelry? Monogrammed robe?? I'm hoping it's monogrammed Tiffany jewelry that had to be sent out to Italy for engraving. Yes, that's it ....OK I'm getting way ahead of myself. His excuse was that he wanted to give me my gift down out the beach in an "intimate" setting. I think it sounds like that mofo just put off xmas shopping to the last possible second, or wants to take advantage of after-xmas sales. Either way, I still have to wait 3 more days to get my gift....). But thank you Santa for putting a hot boy under my tree and making xmas super duper fantabulous!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sharkbait said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I am glad you had a good time with the fam and are now the proud owner of a new boyfriend! :-)

Congrats girl you deserve to be happy. We will definately reschedule our dinner!

1:51 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Niiice... I'm happy for ya, sis.

Inviting me to the wedding, no?




...kidding.

2:10 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

don't even joke about that. my mom said the same thing and i gave her the evil eye.

2:43 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I feel the eye.

2:51 PM  
Blogger ListenToLeon.net said...

Merry Christmas and congratulations on the new boyfriend. That's definitely got to make the holidays feel that much more special.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Congratulations on the great Christmas, and the faboo boy. :)

6:27 PM  
Blogger sethro said...

Um....I'm officially a "boyfriend" too. Welcome to the club, but like you, I'm not sure how to act. ;)

And HEY, stop in on the way back from Nags Head!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This area is so dead and work so terribly boring that I stumbled across your post. Nice post.

3:14 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

flameon - thanks for stopping by!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home