Friday, January 20, 2006

Got Plans?

While getting a salad at the N. Asaph St. Giant, Madonna's "Hung Up" came on the loudspeakers. I think this is a good indication that today will be a good day. When I was there yesterday (I'm slighted addicted to the Giant salad bar and gummi O-Peach rings) I heard Kylie Minogue. When did Giant turn into god damn Club Chaos? (Well, you know besides the stabbings and all).

Tonight MK and I are eating at Bertucci's. I lost a bet, so dinner's on me. Has anyone ever eaten there? I always thought it was a glorified Olive Garden (nothing wrong with OG) but I looked at the menu online and it seemed OK.

The rest of the weekend is up in the air. I do have a highly anticipated massage and pedicure appointment on Saturday at The Sugar House Spa in Old Town. I've never had an actual spa quality massage!

Also, I will be forced to watch the Steelers game on Sunday, on account of MK's allegiance to his home team. I just wish the Skins were still in the playoffs :(

What's everyone else in the lovely DC metro area (and points beyond) doing this weekend?



Lastly, I have very exciting news about a possible new job. I have an interview on Monday and Tuesday. Updates to come.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Linz said...

Hey Vp...
1. I've also noticed lately that the Giant on N. Asaph has turned rather club-esque as of late. N & i were also dumbfounded last weekend when our check-out lady didn't know what kiwi fruit was. She said "what you do with that?" Um, eat it?

2. Bertucci's is pretty good! N's apt. is right across the street so we eat there a lot, usualy take-out. I recommend the meals, as opposed to the pizza, butit's all decent, and definitely a step or 2 above Olive Garden... and beats Austin Grill to a pulp any day!! Enjoy! ;)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

HA! ps. N's hometown team is also the Steelers.... i am SO glad i will not be witness to the embarrassment that will ensue in his apt. during the game. I'll be in Atlantic City with the ladies! LAst weekend he said he got so worked up during the game at one point he was on his knees in front of the TV yelling and screaming. AACK! Yeah, i definitely can't handle a Steelers game w/ the boy. Good luck!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Good luck with the job interview. I have zero plans for the weekend. I would like to see Brokeback Mountain if I can swing it. Housecleaning and posting sale items on eBay. Big whoop. I will probably wind up doing none of the above.

4:34 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

larissa - i think i've heard of the speaks. the state theater is a cool place.

linz - oh boy, don't get me started on the cashiers at that Giant. they just are always perpetually confused about the subject of groceries and how to ring it all up without incident. thanks for the info on bertucci's. i've always favored faccia luna's pizza anyway. and lucky you for going to atlantic city!! i've never been but you should check chase's blog for a recent recap.

cube - do you know how long i've been trying to stop being lazy and do a complete inventory of my clothes and sell unwanted items on ebay? a full year. that is one of my goals in 2006. i also would like to see brokeback and do some housecleaning. i pledge to do either/or before the Oscars :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger kob said...

Bertuccis in DC? My hangout. At the bar. Upstairs. Mark is the bartender. Just tell him to put it on my tab.
;-)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Sugar house is fun! Ahhh I'm so jealous!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

:::thuddage::: Did all I said I would. I cried at the end of Brokeback Mountain. Wonderful movie, but saaaadd.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

They have a Bertucci's in ATL and it's not bad.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

But is it as good as Red Lobster, Phil?

I'm not sure what happened to Saturday, but I went apartment hunting on Sunday all day. Got a lot of great leads, and I'm looking at a place in person this afternoon. wish me luck!

10:55 AM  
Blogger GwenMarieDC said...

That Giant is a block from my office! Do you work or live near here? I don't go there often (I'm a Harris Teeter gal) but I do frequent the ABC store...

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home