Thursday, January 05, 2006

Not the Best Way to Start 2006

The year started out on a high, but on a more sad note 2 days ago I found out my uncle's wife died. She had a lung condition and was only 48 years old. This has come as a huge shock to my family and my uncle is inconsolable. They were married for 25 years and they were so completely devoted to each other. I couldn't look up to my own parent's marriage, but Uncle Jack and Aunt Jackie served as an example of the power of love. I will miss her.

I'm flying down to Florida tomorrow for the weekend. Why is is that I only see my extended family when there's a funeral? Grrr, I hope I can get to the point where I can go down to Florida for more joyous occasions.

Have a good weekend everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, P. Best wishes. xo

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was she a smoker?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Madame Mansour said...

You and your family will be in my thoughts this weekend.

luv, OBS

8:46 PM  
Blogger Siryn said...

I'm so sorry.

*hugs*

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home