Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Zoom Zoom Zoom

I'm finally getting around to posting about this weekend. It was a very busy weekend and a very busy beginning of the week (I DESPISE MY JOB RIGHT NOW).


Friday - MK, my friend Loo and her boyfriend, and I went to Whitlows for pool and drinks. Loo and I won a game and free drinks off these assholes that thought just because we were girls we couldn't play well. AUA would be proud that I prevented drunk girls from placing drinks on the edge of the pool table. My roommate had a friend in town and I knew it would be crazy at my house, so I packed a bag and headed to MK's house for the weekend.


Saturday - MK and I tried to go to the GWU v. RI b-ball game, but alas tickets were sold out when we got there. So we hopped on the Metro (with my new SmartTrip card in hand) and went to Chinatown. We went to the International Spy Museum which to my surprise was quite enjoyable. I think I'd make a pretty fly CIA agent. I even have an undercover agent lipstick pen to get me started :) Then we ate at Tony Cheng's, the venerable mongolian BBQ all-you-can eat. It was some damn good mongolian BBQ, and MK went back to the grill 4 times. The boy can eat! After that we were pretty beat so we headed home to watch Anchorman (my fave current movie): "Go back to your home on Whore Island!"

Sunday - What a jam-packed day! My friend Ry joined MK and I for brunch at Front Page in Arlington. I had no idea their brunch was so delicious, and there was a great Bloody Mary bar! From there we headed to the National Zoo to see the baby panda. I was really excited because MK and went to the zoo together when the mama was preggers. When we got there the baby panda was asleep high up in a tree! The keepers said it was the first time the baby had climbed so high. Unfortunately we couldn't see the panda's face because it was curled up in a ball. Bandit, you got some 'splaining to do!

We only went to the Zoo for the pandas because our next itinerary was the Washington Auto Show at the convention center. MK's friends met us there and MK really wanted to go to see his dream car, the Ford GT. I had no idea what to expect because I'd never been to an auto show before. When we started walking around I got so in to the different cars and designs. I really really liked the new Acura TL, BMW Z4, Lincoln Navigator and the Mini Coopers. I of course was bowled over at the Maserati and Ferrari display (Santa did not fulfill my request for a Maserati for X-mas, but one can dream). Also, there were a bunch of new hybrid models from Toyota and Lexus. Believe it or not, the 2007 Camry will be offered in a hybrid and it looks awesome. Even though my 2001 Civic is in very good standing, I'm in the mood for a little more zoom zoom :)




The All-American Ford GT (gave MK a hard-on)

Zoom zoom zoom bitches! Me in the BMW Z4.

8 Comments:

Blogger A Unique Alias said...

So very proud . . . *sniffle*

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Nice and very glad you had a good time.

And you look hawt girlfriend!

7:18 PM  
Blogger sethro said...

One, wow...you and MK...in-fricking-separable. Nice :)

Two, I'll have to try Tony Cheng's if I'm up that way. See how it compares to the other-wordly Bali Hai here.

Three, how did my Audi's look?

8:14 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

AUA - i was glad to do my part

Chase - the ford GT is a "beaut"

shark - why, spank you

sethy -
1. yeah it's kinda like that:)
2. ahh yes you are a Mongolian conneiseur (sp?). tony cheng's would please your tastebuds
3. eh, i wasn't sold on the audi's. up here that's the car du jour of yuppies. everyone has an A6. the real let downs were the saabs. no real nice designs and ingenuity. but i tell you what surprised me: the saturn sky roadster. who knew saturn could make such a snazzy, affordable car!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

This is the THIRD time today I have heard "Mongolian Barbeque." What the...

Thank God you remembered the rules of the pool table and kept drinks off the felt and the rail. AUA never said anything about the pockets, though. They look perfect for a cup holder.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Love love love Tony Cheng's!

9:23 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Did you pre-post this?

I dig the brunch at Front Page. I don't often venture into the city in the morning but, when I do, it's often to the Page.

11:31 AM  
Blogger SlimShelly said...

VP! It appears I picked a bad day to practice my escape skills, but I swear it's all in a good cause (see new post).

Come back and see me soon...I'll take time out of my world rescue plans to share my cuteness with your bad self.

--Bandit

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home