Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Everything Falls Into Place

All day Tuesday I wondered if he would call. He called to tell me he was getting on the plane and he wanted to see me tonight. But I didn't know that because I didn't answer his call. By the time I got home and got his message I decided it would be another quiet Me Night. He called again while I was watching ice skating (btw Dick Button is a bamboon's ass). We talked and I tried my best to sound normal. I thought I succeeded. But he called me out and acknowledged that I sounded different. He then wanted to talk about the "L" word. I braced myself for something bad but he surprised me. He told me how much he cares about me and about us and that he loved me. Huge sigh of relief :) Sharkbait gets the award for most spot on advice and thanks to everyone else who offfered kind words. Now I can go on not feeling icky and try to keep the lines of communication open with my wonderful BF.

6 Comments:

Blogger NubianTemptres43 said...

in the words of the talented coldplay - everything's not lost. looks like you had no reason to worry and all is well in love land, congratulations!!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Very Very Glad you are happy. You obviously deserve it.

12:53 PM  
Blogger The BLS said...

Aww, that's sweet. :)

I lobbied to get you my I-66 points, but Diet Coke of Evil snaked my lead in the final seconds of the race.

Sorry. I tried. :)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

:) that's great! it's also great because he could of gone into a big dicussion about The L Word tv show from Showtime - haha. Lame joke.

Have fun at happy hour!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Diet Coke of Evil said...

Yay! No worries then.

I know what you mean though. I held out on Satellite for a long time, and then said "I think I might be falling in love with you" when we were kinda drunk at a halloween party, all because I was afraid to say it first. He said it first for real (and as a surprise) about 3 weeks later. After we'd been dating 3 months. Torture.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

I am very happy for you, VP. You deserve to be loved and it is fantastic that he feels the same way. It is good that you were patient and didn't yourself or your feelings. I know it is difficult to say "I love you" for the first time...especially if you are the one saying it first. But hey, you should always be honest and open in relationships.

Here is my thing, VP. I hope now that the two of you are in love. He will stand up to his parents and let them know that he will not tolerate any attitude or snide remarks about your relationhip. I hope that when you meet them, they are gracious and open with you. There is nothing worse than being in a loving relationship with someone whose parents do not approve. I am sure this something the two of you will talk about soon.

Once again, congrats on falling in love and having that love returned. :-)

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home