Tuesday, February 07, 2006

katies hump


I was at my friendly slow ass-make me late for work-Lee Highway Starbucks this morning for the requisite Tall Skim Caramel Macchiato. I began to ponder about what it would be like to be pregnant and unable to drink coffee for nine months or wear heels. But clearly Katie Holmes doesn't let a little thing like a growing gremlin/cash cow get in the way of such activities:

Photos from Just Jared

Here we see Katie Holmes lovely lady preggers hump. Katie's unborn demon spawn is also the newest blogger buddy of Direct Current! Anyway I know that being pregnant does not mean you have to be barefoot in the kitchen and wearing a muumuu. But I don't think wearing what appear to be stilettos in your supposed 6th month or so of pregnancy is a good idea. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that the coffee is for a friend and she just got hot chocolate or chai.

On to the mystery of the hump. This looks like a fairly loose, flowing shirt so it's hard to tell if the hump has gone done in size again as it is apt to do. Comparing pictures of her belly it does appear that the hump was bigger last month. Is this a case of a top quality-CIA disguise lab-prosthetic belly or just a pregnant young woman who makes poor maternity clothes choices (as well as poor life choices cuz after all she has allowed herself to be brainwashed by Tom Cruise and the Church of LIE-Entology)? You decide.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sparklebot said...

you're not supposed to wear heels when you're pregnant? I didn't know that.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a dream about Katie Holmes the other day:

http://mappyb.blogs.com/mappyb/2006/02/its_too_early_f.html

Did you see the crazy picture of her wearing a white leotard thing under her shirt? So tacky!

1:34 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

smash - well there's no real medical reason why you can't wear heels when you're pregnant, but wearing high heels puts stress on your back. plenty of women wear heels while pregnant, just not stilettos. i personally wouldn't because i often trip more when i wear heels. but i'm not pregnant so i'll shut-up about it.

mappyb - i just hope katie didn't start talking about scientology in the dream and slither into your unconscious (kinda like how freddie krueger works). i did see the leotard thingie she was wearing. absolutely ridickulous.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Um... couldn't she have decaf? Or a relatively low-caf chai beverage? Just sayin'...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Pink is the New Blog has been on Katie's tale, or speed bump, for months watching it's rise...and fall...and rise...and fall, much to the amusement of the readers. Even if she really is pregnant, I think it's hysterically funny that everyone thinks she's faking it.

3:26 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

kathryn - yes, i did suggest in my post that it was chai or cocoa or something low-caffeine. i will afford her that.

cubie - other celebrity blogs have kept track of her progress. it's very funny. i know in reality it's silly to doubt her pregnancy, but these are people who live in La La Land. this whole thing just seems soooo strange. like how they met and the timing of her pregnancy. something just doesn't add up... in fact i feel queasy...help... ;)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Madame Mansour said...

She is so f-ing brainwashed and I feel sorry that she has had to have Tommy's demon sex juice in her kuchibangbang...

4:54 AM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

I could never wear heels while preganant-the first thing I thought of when you mentioned it is that my weight would be all uneven and I would fall forward onto my stomach because of the heels. No Thanks.

She's nuts. Completely lost respect for her.

9:15 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

...you respected her in the first place?

10:09 AM  
Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Isn't she lovely?

1:41 PM  
Blogger JordanBaker said...

I have a few co-workers who call me Katie (or Joey). it was cute at first, but seriously people--you've been here for two years. Learn my effin' name.

And someone (megarita?) told me recently that it's now ok to have 1 cup of coffee a day while you're pregnant. Granted, there's a HUGE difference between 1 cup and the two ventis she's toting, but whatever.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Roar Savage said...

Screw the heels-- I didn't know you weren't supposed to drink caffeine while pregnant... What memo did I miss? Perhaps I'm not on that listserv yet. Seriously, though, is that true?

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home