Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ti Amo - Happy Hearts Day

THIS is true love:

[Photo Source]

Seeing this picture was a good way to start off my Valentine's Day. This is my first Valentine's with a boyfriend so I'm eagerly awaiting tonight's rendevous with Malibu Ken. I'm not going to go into mushy detail right now but I think my horoscope sums it up pretty well:


Leo July 23 - August 22
For Tuesday, February 14 -The heavens are urging you to celebrate this Valentine's Day in a rather unusual fashion -- at least, according to your usual tradition. You're thinking about staying home, snuggling up and getting comfy. It's easy to predict that you won't get any arguments from your sweetheart, either. They'll be only too happy to actually have you all to themselves -- for once -- so whatever you hand over for a Valentine's Day present will absolutely be secondary.

I don't believe in using a day to put pressure on someone to prove that they care and from day one he's showed me that he cares. Whether it was coming with me to DC to hunt down my cell phone or lending a perfectly sculpted shoulder to cry on, he's always been my rock. Neither one of us has said "I Love You" yet. Frankly I don't want to be the first and maybe he doesn't either. Will tonight be the night? He promised tonight would be extra special... but whatever happens I want to enjoy myself and relish in the moment :)


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL THE LOVERLY BLOGGERS. TAKE THE TIME TO TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS YOU LOVE THEM!

Edit 12:12PM:

I wanted to add these lovely V-Day terms from Daily Candy to the post for your viewing pleasure (I personally like "bud light" and "do-or-diamond") !

amoraphobia - n. an irrational fear of Valentine’s Day.

blue bawls - n. an emotional, romantic version of flirting that leaves you feeling sad and crying.

bud light - n. the blatantly cheap flower selection from a guy who needs to be dumped ASAP. (How was your V-Day? Bud light.)

carniwhore - n. a girl who puts out for carnations.

do-or-diamond - adj. as in, if I don’t see a ring today, he’s dead to me.

long-stem posers - n. people who send themselves flowers from a “secret admirer.”

lote - v. to walk the thin line between love and hate. (I lote Johnny. One day he’s a dollface; the next he’s a total wanker.)

ménage à flaws - n. when you crash your friend’s Valentine’s Day date only to talk about all your relationships gone wrong.

PDR - n. public display of rejection: when your valentine takes you somewhere lovely only to break your heart in front of strangers.

Valentiny Tim - n. a man whose masculinity is put in question by his overenthusiasm for V-Day. (I mean, I don’t expect him to be a Valentiny Tim, but he could at least try to hide his total amoraphobia.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Happy Valenine's Day to my (platonic) Valentine! :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

That's my horoscope too - I love it! :)

11:18 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

[snicker] I thought Valentiny Tim was going to be something completely different.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Miss VP.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Haha I totally got that DC email too. Hehe.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

My 'scope too! And I took to mean that it's ok that I am going to go to yoga tonight and then head home to my bed.

5:19 PM  
Blogger SlimShelly said...

That is also an imminent dive bomb attack on Mom's head.

Oh and happy late Valentine's Day (now that I know what that is).

-Bandit

1:41 PM  
Blogger NubianTemptres43 said...

happy belated vday!!!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home