Monday, March 13, 2006

Augusta, Gone

Last night I watched "Augusta, Gone" on Lifetime (Monday night's are awful for primetime TV). This is my fave new dramatic made-for-TV movie. Augusta is a young teenage girl who has entered into the "rebellion years." Her mom, played by Sharon Lawrence, tries to attribute her daughter's behavior to simple teenage angst. But then crazy ass Augusta loses her damn mind and cuts her hair, starts dunking Oreos in vodka, skipping school, smoking cigarettes, dropping acid, drawing morbid art, yelling at her mother, teaching her younger brother the proper technique for smoking a joint, sneaking out of the house and making very ill-advised fashion choices (fingerless gloves???? camo pants and satin jacket?!?! oh dear). Superb acting indeed with melodramatic voice-overs as well. Augusta gets sent to a camp for "bad teens." I don't know about these camps, but I do know that if I flipped out on my mom and disobeyed the rules, she would have put me in a chokehold, dragged my belligerent ass outside, and called the cops to report a "stranger" outside her house. The locks would be changed and my belongings thrown out with the Sunday paper. My mom always laid down the law and I think Augusta could have learned a thing or too from her!

5 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Bad primetime TV on Monday?

[cough]24[cough]
[cough]prisonbreak[cough]

9:40 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

I just can't get into Fox dramas. I even have trouble keeping interest in House, which is a really smart show. So 24 and Prison Break have no appeal. I mean, Wentworth Miller is almost, almost, enough of a draw but the premise is so ridiculous.

10:02 AM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Oreos dipped in vodka? Ewwwww. But trashy Lifetime teledrama? Yessssss.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always found it difficult to sit through a Lifetime Original, but this one was captivating. I watched it from begining to end and that is rare. The acting was great and, it flowed nicely, I also learned a few things.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

She must have been posessed to make the drawings shown in the movie.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home