Monday, March 06, 2006

The Gay SuperBowl

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Saturday I caught a member of this family doing a bad bad thing at Stetson's. I also went to Chi-Cha Lounge for the first time. I found the place pretty enjoyable but the bartenders were downright rude and looked quite unklassy in their wifebeaters. I might have to add this establishment to my list of classless places that pretend to be THE shit.

Yesterday I finally got a chance to sit down with the lovely Chase for a brunch date. I had a great time and Chase probably thinks I'm an alcoholic..... is it my fault the Front Page serves an almost full pint glass of vodka for the Bloody Mary bar???

Last night I went to a friend's place to watch the Oscars, aka Gay SuperBowl. I really enjoyed the show and Jon Stewart, unlike the Post's Tom Shales who slammed Stewart. I gotta give it up for my fellow alumnus Stewart - I thought he was funny and kept it short. Best moment of the night - "Dames For Truth Against Dame Judi Dench" spoof. Biggest shock of the night? It's a tie between Three Six Mafia winning and Crash beating out Brokeback for best film. Honestly, it's a little ridickulous that a group who penned the song "Chickenhead" now has an Oscar attached to their name but whatev. And in my opinion Crash was a very good film that deserved to win.

But let's get to the good stuff: best dressed. I don't have time to post pics now but my vote for best dressed was Keira Knightly and Salma Hayek. Both had beautiful colors on. Worst dressed? Ohh poor Charlize Theron. Couture has gone to her head (see also Gwen Stefani as couture victim). Theron looked like the Grim Reaper attacked her with a black blob all over her shoulder. Also, poor poor Naomi Watts who lost the battle against her flesh colored chiffon mess and Jennifer Aniston who wore black and still looked like she was mourning over Brad Pitt. Who was everyone else's best and worst dressed?

7 Comments:

Blogger The Boy said...

Yeah, there is a lot of closed-mouth-obnoxious-french-smiling on the part of the Chi-Cha Lounge Staff.....

I love those types of smiles!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Cail said...

Michelle Williams was my definite favorite. And Jada Pinkett Smith, who generally irritates the hell out of me. For worst dressed, I tend to focus on people who should know better. Like, we all KNOW Helena Bonham Carter is going to show up in something tragic, so when she does, no big deal. But when someone like Naomi Watts shows up in a lumpy shredded tulle dress that blends in with her skin tone, she should know better. Therefore, she's my worst dressed pick.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - they are the same group that sang Chickenhead?!?! Hahaha, that's fantastic. I used to love that song when I lived in GA and it came out. I was all about the southern rap (still am), but I just can't get into the Pimp song. I wanted Dolly to win.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Siryn said...

Salma Hayek was pretty incredible, but that asymmetrical dress did no justice to her left breast. She has an incredible rack, though.

Uma Thurman looked pretty fabulous, though. She should get your Friday boobies this week!

Michelle Williams' dress was gag-me-mustard. Yuck. I wasn't feeling it, nor her hair.

And what the f was Charlize Theron thinking? It was like that dress was made for someone 6 inches taller than her, because it totally did not flatter her bosom. Not to mention Shelob on her shoulder...

Naomi Watts... wow, that was bad.

Keira Knightley's hair looked ugly. Color was just wrong wrong wrong for her, though the dress was nice.

It's nice to Jessica Alba with brown hair again. She did look pretty good in gold. Jennifer Garner looked pretty nice too, there's a runner-up for Friday boobies.

Jennifer Lopez... wtf with that green color and the too-tight hairstyle? She looked like a puckering sour apple.

Queen Latifah looked fabulous, and so did Taraji Henson.

Nicole Kidman... needs a tan, or her red hair back, or to wear some color, because she was so washed out in that white dress (though it was lovely).

I suppose that's enough fashion griping for now.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

And let's hear it for Jennifer Garner's breasts!

If she had only fallen down, that would have made my night.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Salma looked polish from head to toe, just as she should be. Perfect color for her.

That dress wore Michelle Williams, not vice versa. It was too much for her.

Watts was a mess. She couldn't have been more deconstructed...and hasn't that style died out YET?

JLo looked like she was plucked out of a martini.

Jennifer Garner looked momsy floppy up top. She needed more structure.

Bonham Carter looked like the Corpse Bride.

Knightly was pulled together, but she's entering lollipop world with her thinness.

Alba looked amazing.

I'm tired of women wearing these flesh/pale things that just wash out on film like Thurman/Kidman/et al.

Anniston def should have worn her hair UP and something bright, bright, bright. This was her big "fuck you" moment and she blew it. Remember when Minnie Driver came back after a bad breakup wearing Halston and looking kapow?

Theron got slammed by couture. It was too much. Avoid the big bow anywhere on a dress.

Witherspoon: I caught a funny moment on E! when she was being interviewed just after the award..she was asked about her dress and she made some very tart comments about it being HERS and not worn before..only by it's original owner since DECEASED. That foul-up at the Golden Globes got to her, I guess.

3:27 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

cube - you get the award for most thorough fashion assessment!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home