Thursday, March 02, 2006

On Tonight's Menu: Modestly Inoffensive Vanilla Music

Tonight I will be attending the Coldplay/Fiona Apple* concert at the MCI/Verizon/Next Big Telecommunications Conglomerate/Fuck We Have to Get New Signage for the Metro Stop Center. I do really like Coldplay (especially the first 2 albums) but they were accused of playing it safe on the latest CD "X & Y". The more I listen to it though, the more I like it. Our seats are really good but we did pay 90 effin dollars for them. I better be so close to the stage that I can see Chris Martin's "Free Trade" sharpie-colored hand tattoo smearing away. I better be so close that I can touch Fiona Apple's razor-sharp clavicle (I swear that girls needs to embrace carbs. She's the original Nicole Richie... although she did look healthy at the Grammys).





On another concert related note I am upset that 2 upcoming 930 shows are sold-out. First, the brazenly hyped Brit band Arctic Monkeys that I knew about before anyone else and of course no one else in the U.S. can claim this because I'm too cool for those not in the know. But seriously I could have gotten tics when it was a soft sale but I didn't think the show would sell out when it did. It's my own damn fault. The other concert that I am sincerely HEARTBROKEN over is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I didn't check my email fast enough this morning to get the notice that tics were going on sale. The show sold out in about 30 mins I think and I've been sulking at my desk ever since. Sigh, I suppose I'll have to start trolling Craigslist again for tics.

Last night was a good TV night as usual. American Idol was somewhat entertaining and Lost was probably the best installment of the season so far. I found myself saying "Holy Shit" many times during the episode. I won't give too much away for those who haven't watched it yet but remember Ethan, the guy who clearly wasn't on the plane but appeared on the island? Yeah he's definitely an "Other" and he was part of a team doing crazy experiments on Claire when she was kidnapped. Unfortch, the next episode is not for another 3 WEEKS. Grr. Moving on to Project Runway I am very impressed by Santino and I predict he's going to win with his 40's glam inspired line. He's just the guy you love to hate but judging from pics I've seen of the runway show his line kicks ass. And with that, Auf Wiedersehen**!

* I thought I heard a rumor that Fiona Apple was not the opener tonight, but nothing has been presented to support this rumor. If anyone here's the latest info please let me know.

**I was born in Germany and used to speak a bit of the language but for the life of me I cannot spell "Wiedersehen" without looking it up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Apple's opening. And I don't mean Martin. I'll be there, in tix almost twice as expensive as yours purchased on eBay. 110 section.

HOLLA!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I've always supported Santino. Hopefully some of the haters hate him less after last night's ep. I can't believe the designers have to create another garmet though. That is just cruel.
I also really enjoyed last night's LOST ep. It seemed to support the theory that the island is one big psychology experiment.

12:08 PM  
Blogger JordanBaker said...

I'm so glad someone else said it first--I liked Santino's collection best too (as I told the gays, based on how they all looked on the hangers, his clothes were the only ones I'd bother trying on). I don't know what that Dynasty-era crud Daniel produced was all about.

3:00 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

kathryn - mayhaps i'll see ya there! i have forgotten what section i'm in...

dj- yes it all does seem like a psychological experiment gone awry...or has it gone awry.. muhaahaha:)

twoste - YES! i hope i can make that show. maybe i shouldn't assume it won't be sold out. i love "Rock and Roll Queen"!

jordanb - i really think daniel's looks more couture but santino's designs look suprisngly wearable and fresh. anyway, make it work!

3:17 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

I've been hearing that place called "the phone booth" lately. I like that. alot.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Kenosha Upholstery said...

Thanks, great post.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home