Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekend Recap - No Rest for the Weary Edition

Friday - Tried to get some rest in between work and going out. Didn't happen. I rallied to go to a house party in A-town, where I was faced with a cooler of an undisclosed liquid delight. Upon tasting it I determined it was a pink-lemonade variety of jungle juice. Of course what I didn't taste was the Everclear that promptly worked its way into my system. From there my friends and I went to Clarendon Grill and actually had a good time. I've got nothing against the place but it gets old quick. I randomly saw a few friends and didn't realize how drunk I was until I felt the "let-your-fingers-do-the-slurring" sensation. I drunk dialed Malibu Ken and basically blabbered on and on about missing him (he was home for Easter) which was totally unnecessary because he was coming back Sunday night. I passed out after chowing on a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

Saturday - HANGOVER GALORE. Everclear is no joke. I went and looked at apartments with a friend and found nothing that worked (although I found a place just for me but will discuss that later). Outside was really nice so I was able to go for a run after the hangover went away. Then headed to Pentagon-City for some window-shopping. After consulting with my Cabinet of Debauchery (my liver, immune system, and wallet), I made the executive decision to not go out. I caught shit from some friends, but I'm at a point where I don't even care what they say. I had an enjoyable time by myself at home, going through my belongings and conducting spring cleaning.

Sunday - Woke up at 8 freaking:30AM to go to church with my family. I wasn't even all that refreshed from my night in. For those of you who don't know, some churches that are Baptist or have the name "New Life" in the title and are predominately black for some awful reason like to hold service for 3 hrs. Yes, I was in church from 10-1PM. The pastor had to acknowledge everyone and their mother. There was also some kind of "Passion Skit" depicting Jesus's death/resurrection. I swear it was the most dramatic skit I've ever seen in a church. Jesus was acting like a mime and his "followers" were doing some wacky new-agey dancing. I felt bad for wanting to laugh but after sitting for so long I had no choice.

After church my family and I wanted to go to Macaroni Grill, but the location was mysteriously shut-down. So we went with our backup - Olive Garden. After that I bid my family goodbye and decided Ikea was my next destination. Nothing says the resurrection of Jesus like the Noresund side table and mirror. Damn they are going to look good in my room. Ikea is almost as bad as Target because you go in just to buy some organizers and come out with a 40' x 50' polka dot rug.

From Ikea I rushed home to see MK. He will be doing a lot of traveling this week so Sunday night was my only time to see him. It's interesting how much we appreciate the time we do get to spend with one another. And it helps when he makes me an Easter basket with cookies, Cadbury Eggs, and a plush bunny :) Hope everyone else had a good Easter!

6 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

[snicker] please don't say Assemblies of God.

4:49 PM  
Blogger NubianTemptres43 said...

don't you just love long church services . . . and they get even longer for "special occassions". we must get together again soon, glad you're back. happy easter!!!

10:28 PM  
Blogger GwenMarieDC said...

HEART! I too went to Ikea on Sunday. However I did not go to church. We will call my gym time my holy act for the day!

8:29 AM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

"Cabinet of Debaucher." I love it! May borrow it!

3:51 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

66: no but something similar

nubie: YES we must meet up again

PIP: don't you lurve IKEA??

EJ: you have my permission

chase: yeah, i know. it's slightly sickening... but he totally suprised me. i adore him.

8:15 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Better than attempting to cook macaroni at 4am, passing out on the couch and waking up to the smoke detector...

I did that...twice!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home