Monday, May 08, 2006

China Doll

Ahhh, my bloglings. I've missed yous guys. I've been crazy busy with the new job. Man, it's a whole different ballgame for me going to more marketing communications duties. I like the people and location (Chinatown for this China Doll!). I just haven't had a chance to breathe. And going from having my own office to an exposed cubicle pretty much means blogging from work is a negative.

And in an even more suprising move I turned down a job that would have been more money, but less responsibility and less overall experience building in my opinion. And some very wise people steered me in the right course. If this job doesn't work out I'll just what I do best - hit the ground running.

In a totally un-related note, I'm having a yard sale this weekend. I'm hoping to purge my life of a lot of extra hangers-ons. I have some side tables, electronics, art work, and kitchenware to get rid of. Putting up signage in the neighborhood is my next step. Luckily, I live on a pretty busy street so we should get a lot of passers-by. Have any of you thrown a yard-sale and had success?

7 Comments:

Blogger Moxie said...

Chinatown?! Girlie, we're neighbors. Good luck with the new job! Do I hear more Rosa mexicana?

A yard sale sounds fun - we had one when I lived on Capitol Hill and had tons of people come by as they were on their way to the park. What about doing some posts on CL to bring people by? You could post the items and then say, come see it at...

8:50 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

oh i totally forgot you were in the area! there are so many restaurants/bars there i need to try. hit me up off blog to discuss!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I miss you VP but I'm glad things are going well...can't wait to hear all about it my fellow PR chica! :)

BTW - are we on for Local this week or next or what?

10:41 PM  
Blogger O-FACE said...

Agree with the mox...hit Craigslist and oodle. You have anything interesting that your blogdom can get first dibs on????

2:38 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I will give you $0.25 for the Barry Manilow record.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Email me with your new work details - you're in the mapping biz?! I know you don't work where I am though, I'm just curious. Sounds like a good new job for you.

And yes, you're around great restaurants!!! LuckY!

10:42 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

well, i need to do a final tally of what i'm selling. but i do have a full size futon i could part with. i give a fuller rundown shortly.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home