Sunday, June 25, 2006

Across the Pond

Across the pond is where I should be right now, with Malibu Ken underneath the Eiffel Tower. But instead I'm here and missing him like crazy. He went to Paris for a 2 week work trip. I had planned on going but once I realized plane tickets were no less than $1200 I nixed the idea.

I'm no stranger to Europe. I was born in Germany and my list visit to Europe was to Italy in 2004. But I've never been to Paris and it would have been awesome to go there with someone I love. Damn those DeBeers commercials for romanticizing any European city with old baroque architecture.
***********************************************************************************
He's only been gone five days and I'm feeling sad. I guess after spending every night with someone for 6 months, 2 weeks apart seems like forever. Clearly I need to snap out of this.

Going to different countries and exploring what they have to offer is a situation that can change people. MK has never been out of the country. On top of that, MK is going to Ireland with a female co-worker for a few days while over in Europe. It will be just the two of them, which he neglected to tell me until 1 day before he left. I just have some unfounded suspicions about this. He made no mention of sleeping arrangements or how they would be getting aound.

His female co-worker is white, blond, Irish, "scientific-savvy", and the type of girl he could take home to mom and dad. I am definitely not any of the things I listed above.

********************************************************************************

I know I haven't written at length about Malibu Ken in awhile. We are still together, with intermittent spells of small quarrels and sometimes overwhelming love.

It's been about 1 year since our first outing to the zoo and first kiss. About 1 year since I fell asleep in his bed fully clothed and refused to go past first base. Do people even use the term first base anymore?? Anyway, I guess the biggest lesson I've learned this past year is that I have a lot of growing up to do. All of the insecurities, suspicions, and tears on my behalf did nothing to strengthen my relationship with MK. Sure, I usually got a response from him, but not for the right reasons.

On the other hand, I shouldn't have to throw a hissy-fit just to get a response. Sometimes I feel as though there is no passion, no OOMPHH from his end. I definitely have a passionate heart that I love to show to him. I love him dearly. He loves me dearly. Is that enough? I don't know...

5 Comments:

Blogger Raincouver said...

Maybe MK sees this as a bit of a commitment. I mean, going to a foreign land means you have to rely on each other a lot more. Can't just leave on a whim.

Going with a co-worker on business is a little different. But he tells you JUST before he leaves? What gives. Maybe it's time to make like barbie and dump MK.

12:10 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

I have to agree with Twoste on this one...I would definately play the wait and see game. See how he is when he is away and if he calls or emails enough...if not-and you are feeling very panicky that something might happen with this other girl...I would talk to him about it...it sounds like you love him and don't want to lose him so I wouldn't overreact but I would also be on alert for suspicious behavior.

Good luck sweetie and it was great seeing you on Friday night. :-)

2:32 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

raincougar - it definitely made me wonder why he neglected to tell me about the ireland excursion with his female co-worker. something just didn't seem right with the way he handled the whole thing...

twoste - i definitely appreciate your comment. i figured i was being paranoid, but it's always good to get a straightforward guy's answer to a situation.

kassyk - in fact, MK has called everyday since he has been over there. it's tough with the time zone difference ya know? but thanks for the good advice.

it was great seeing you as well you little pig-tail vixen ;)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

You're worrying a little too much, but it's hard not to sometimes. Especially thinking of underlying long term issues...

But, he's been callin you every day - no worries! I'm sure work girl is barely a blip on his radar!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Raincouver said...

Ditto on AM's comment... I would be more inclined to dump his uncommitted derriere if he didn't call you every day. This is a very good sign though.

And yes, talk to him about it. "Hey buddy, what do you think you're doing?"

Sometimes we men do need a little tug here and there. Then again we don't read minds, so please do tell him what you think.

Good luck!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home