Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sniffles McSniffleson

I'm sick :( I have an ear infection and a sinus infection to accompany it. I haven't had an ear infection since I was about 10 years old. Yesterday at work, after suffering through a busy day, I informed the higher ups that I would be leaving early to see an Urgent Care doctor and get some medicine. One of them replied, " Well you sound sick but you don't really look sick." I guess I take that as a compliment and an insult for two reasons:

1. Just because I'm sick does not mean I can't put on my best face and look presentable. When I got ready that morning I made it a point to not wallow too much in the sickness and put on some damn mascara. Any lady would.

2. How does "sick" look? Just because I didn't schlep into the office and hype up the dramatics with loud nose blowing and complaining doesn't mean I'm not sick. I felt terrible but managed to pull together a cute outfit and brave the commute to get there. Give me some credit!

5 Comments:

Blogger Washington Cube said...

You and half of Washington have this bug. I got the ear infection part and walked around lopsided for a week, feeling dizzy all of the time. Get well soon.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Beakerz said...

hey, I twas sick today too. Cheers to the 'call-in-sick' gang. uuuhhhhhgghhh...I'm going back to bed

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My coworker is sick now too. I know about 10 other people. I hope I don't catch it!!! Hope you feel better - you should get some pho!

7:10 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

i had no idea the bug was going around so quickly. a couple of people in my office are sick as well.


mappy - pho is just glorified ramen!! why pay for a bowl of pho when i can break open ramen for 10 cents ;) just kidding. actually the boy is a big fan of pho and we go to this great place in annandale for it.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Moxie said...

Sorry darlin. No fun. Yep, I'd be the one blowing too loud in the office for sympathy. take care of you.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home