Monday, August 21, 2006

A Heaving Yelping of Reviews

I like D.C. and I also like to go out to different establishments in D.C. So when I learned about Yelp, I decided to join. Now, this isn't a walking advertisement. I just think that this is a really cool website and it allows you to write reviews of your favorite places in D.C. Think of it as a more interactive version of Craigslist and AOL City Guide.

I've written a few reviews but the one that seems to get the "funny" tags is this one I wrote about Clarendon Ballroom:

"Ugg why does this place charge a cover?? For Wed $1 beer its only $1-2 cover, but some nights it is more. On the weekends the DJ plays awful music in the main dance hall when there isn't a band. Like I really want to hear MC Hammer on a night out on the town! And the clientele is your typical Arlington Fratty McFrat Rho Di Kegga Class of 04. The only saving grace is the rooftop because hey, who doesn't like to drink on a rooftop?"

I wrote this in April and I haven't been to Ballroom all summer. Has anything really changed at the Ballroom? Is there still bad dancing and average looking guys??

4 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

[silently vowing to never go to Ballroom again for fear of being dubbed 'average looking' and a bad dancer]

11:24 AM  
Blogger NubianTemptres43 said...

you scared everybody off with this review . . . GOOD JOB!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger O-FACE said...

lmao............Never been to this place. Smells like a giant J-Crew catalog come to life......

7:41 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

(hanging head in shame that I go there when I'm feeling lazy and/or to meet up with friends and/or for $1 beers and/or for rooftop and/or shameless dancing)

Now, I could also go to Local (for rooftop), Saint Ex (for shameless dancing), or my other spots like Chloe and Play etc...

But something about Ballroom screams default location and sometimes (not often) I just GO.

Ballroom is not as bad as Grill though...sometimes...

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home