Monday, September 11, 2006

Chasing Cars

Soooo, when nursing a broken heart it's probably not best to mix the new Snow Patrol album with wine. This dangerous combo led me to beg a friend for a ticket so I could go to the show last night at the 930 club.

The show was great and Snow Patrol deserves all the hype. They aren't just a Coldplay redux - actually if I could pick a few bands they sound like I would have to say they're a mix of Coldplay, Radiohead, Belle and Sebastian, and Manic Street Preachers. Blend together and BAM! A killer sound, especially live. I think people would have been surprised how much they rock live.

And of course, Snow Patrol played their sappy love songs, which tugged at my heart with the utmost sincerity. This fall Snow Patrol will be everywhere, considering "Chasing Cars" is on Grey's Anatomy Vol.2 soundtrack (it plays when Denny dies....oh shit I'm already tearing up) and "Chocolate" from the first album is on the "The Last Kiss" soundtrack. Bring out the Kleenex!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Great show, right??? :)

And there are actually a couple of SP albums before Final Straw, which has Chocolate on it, but they're nowhere near as good.

Keep that beautiful chin up...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Morrissey said...

SNOW PATROL IS THE SHIT!

11:20 AM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:50 PM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Agreed, it was a fantastic show. The only song I was disappointed by was "Chocolate," since Gary Lightbody's guitar appeared to be out of tune. Plus, I've built up that song up so much in my mind that no live version could match what I envisioned.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Beakerz said...

The last kiss looks good btw. Snow patrol kicks it!!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I am so jealous...I wanted to go to the show!!!

And I'm dying to see Last Kiss...

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home