Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wide Open Spaces

Yesterday I felt like screaming but decided there was no place to do it. Today I felt like screaming. I was preparing to go to the corner of 7th and I NW and just belt it out. But I quickly realized that it might create some safety concerns and worried looks.

So where does one go to scream? Short of some desolete island, wooded area or far corner of Antartica, there are not too many places where you can go to scream and be alone (and I don't really "do" outdoorsy places). I thought about driving out to Skyline Drive area at night, getting out at one of those scenic overlook spots and just screaming my guts out. Although I know if my parents found out I drove there by myself and stopped at some random spot they would NOT be pleased. But I need a wide open space where I can look up into the stars and hope they receive my spirit.

Until I can find that place, at some point in time when I am in my car I am going to scream and let it all out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

You made me think of that scene in Garden State when they just stand in the rain and scream over the quarry.

Maybe you should try that too... :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

A Redskins football game? You can be as nutty as you want to at a football game.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home