Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Crisis In Darfur

I've thought about doing a post about Darfur a couple of different times now, but wasn't quite sure how to approach it or what to write.

I've seen George Clooney talk about it, heard reports on Oprah, and tonight I saw Anne Curry do a heartbreaking report from Dafur.

So I think instead of getting on a high horse or advocating America swooping in like the World Police, I'm just going to give you some websites to visit and encourage you to become educated on the subject. And if you feel compelled to donate money to any of the programs below by all means do it. I've donated and I think this is such an important issue. The fact that what is going on there is documented and we have resources available to help them, I think every little bit of support will help.

www.savedarfur.com

www.darfurgenocide.com

www.nightly.msnbc.com

http://coalitionfordarfur.blogspot.com/

www.hrw.org

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the links. I am 100% behind you on this cause.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Thanks for posting about this. Also, this Friday from noon to 1 there's going to be a demonstration at the Sudanese Embassy, urging the world community to act to end the genocide. It's at 2210 Massachusetts Ave. Anyone who can come by on your lunch break, please do.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have been wanting to write about Darfur and about the Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian-Albanian wars and conflict that happened a bit ago but I wasn't sure how to approach it. This is perfect. Thank you.

9:53 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

I too have been wanting to write about Darfur and about the Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian-Albanian wars and conflict that happened a bit ago but I wasn't sure how to approach it. This is perfect. Thank you.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home