Sunday, January 21, 2007

Boys To Men

When I was about 13 I started going through my celebrity crush phases. I never had much luck with boys so looking at movies and getting into that fantasy world made sense for me. It started with Leonardo DiCaprio in the updated version of "Romeo and Juliet." He was all legs and eyes-in-hair-teen-angst-ridden passion.



In the "Basketball Diaries" he showed he was quite a fine actor, with the ability to show humor and pathos in the same character. I've always liked that. I was just a teenager, innocent and inexperienced, yet he DEFINED sexy for me.

From there my crushes bounced between the fleeting (Josh Hartnett) to the delicious (Taye Diggs) to the long-term fantasy guy (Brad Pitt). And now it has come full circle because I am back to LOVING Leo.

I saw "The Departed" recently and discovered Leo was no longer a gangly boy with a slightly awkward veneer, but instead appeared on screen as a MAN. Full shoulders, slightly less cherub-y face, grit and pain in his eyes. He HAD me. And the accent. Holy hell.




And last night I had a sex dream about him. I don't often say men are sexy ( but Justin Timberlake does get the sexy title). Leo is so goddamn ZEXY I can't stand it. I need to meet a man like Leo NOW. I don't care where you are my Leo-In-Waiting - on the Orange line, at Science Club, at the Hess on Wilson Dr., or at Eastern Market - I will find you and POUNCE on you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I know what you mean about sexy Leo in The Departed - so tough yet also showing vulnerabilty - and those shoulders - YUM!

He's actually even sexier in Blood Diamond - maybe its the hairstyle.

12:15 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Dammit. And here I was looking forward to seeing something about Nathan Michael Shawn and Wanya.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

And now he is taking himself out of the game, not wanting to appear in any movies so as not to be considered a "cute piece of meat" any longer.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I second everything you said there...we're soul mates I swear. Haha.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home