Monday, January 15, 2007

Dreams

Martin Luther King had a dream for America - that equality would take the place of hatred and anyone could have the same opportunities to pass down to their children. As an African-American female I believe I am a product of the hard work of many leaders like MLK. I am thankful for MLK's pursuit of his dream and realize that some of my accomplishments may have not been possible without him. I am a college graduate of a prestigious institution. I am bright and ambitious, seizing opportunities as they come and making new ones.

But I think in the 21st century there is much more room for improvement in America and the opportunity to pursue new levels of equality in this country:

I have a dream that people will realize that what they see on TV and movies is not indicative of everyone of a particular race.

I have a dream that people will take the time to know the individual and not judge based on stereotypes.

I have a dream that everyone can be free to date or marry and fall in love with anyone else they want to, regardless of the person's race, gender, or class.

I have a dream that everyone will have access to healthcare, because not just the rich or employed deserve to be healthy.

Politics aside, these are just a few of my wishes and hopes for a more equal U.S. Do you have a dream for America?

2 Comments:

Blogger Law-Rah said...

I dream that one day, this great country will allow my boyfriend in;-)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a dream that (including me) 3rd and 4th Generation Mexican Americans learn and take pride in knowing Spanish...I have a dream that Men in my other portion of my culture, which is African American would stop looking up to Young Jeezy on how to treat a Lady, and start looking up to God.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home