Sunday, January 28, 2007

One Fish, Two Fish...

For the past 2 weeks I have been OBSESSED with getting a dog. A miniature smooth coat dachshund to be exact. I've always thought dachshunds, or "wiener-dogs," were adorable. And they have a personality just like me - loyal, playful, small build but you wouldn't be able to tell because they act like big dogs. :) Here is an example of the breed I want:


This is a smooth coat Red female mini dachshund. Look at that face! Sigh.

As I thought about shelling out $500-$800 for one these adorable puppies, I realized that right now wouldn't be a good time to have a dog. I can barely afford to feed myself and I'm not home enough to really care for a dog. I decided it would be better to save up the money, wait until I have my own apartment, and take on a dog in a serious manner (besides just wanting to dress it up in sweaters).

So as I entered the pet store this weekend, I opted for a pet that requires less care. I got a purple Beta fish and his name is Max. Max is pretty chill and I think he enjoys the blue marbles I put in his fishbowl!




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know! I want a dog so bad too, but I have to wait until we actually have room for it! Your dog of choice is very cute - so is Max! Betta's are fun fish!

10:40 AM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Aw, Max is a cutie! He might get a little itchy in a sweater, though.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Moxie said...

oooh, so cute. I still want a dog, but, can't commit. Fostering a dog to be adopted is all I can handle. It does make me realize what a job they are - it's needs to be a labor of love to get me out in the cold with it at 7am. How about waiting until spring?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Freckled K said...

http://www.drna.org/available.asp

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own 3 minature dachshunds. They are playful, lovable and for such a small dog quiet rugged. However, they can be stubborn, they are barkers, and very, very prone to disk and back problems. We spend $5k in vet bills last summer and in the end has to put him down anyway b/c his quality of life was tremendously compromised. Doxies are great, but please, please, do your research, as you would w/ getting any dog. The last thing any true dog / animal lover wants to see is a the animal returned to a shelter.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home