Wednesday, April 04, 2007

La Dulche Vita

I love my baristas at the Starbucks at 19th and K, but yesterday when I ordered an Iced Tall Double Skim Dulche de Leche the barista looked at me like I had asked for a Triple Drip Skim Human Baby Skin Frap- Light. Even though the new Dulche de Leche was on the menu hanging on the wall AND I got an e-mail announcing the new flavor, NO ONE knew how to make the drink. They had to go pull out the recipe card from a box and figure it out.

Now I know it gets hectic at Starbucks, especially at this location that is in a tiny space, but I don't think it's that hard to learn a limited menu and occasionally incorporate new seasonal recipes. Step up your game Starbucks baristas of DC!!

p.s. - the drink is DELICIOUS!

5 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Have you ever had the dulce de leche shake at the Haagen Dazs store? Treeeemendous.

Not as good as the Cake n' Shake at Cold Stone, but fucking tremendous.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH NO!!! Not ANOTHER Caramel drink for me to get addicted to...I will have to try that one.

And I'm agreeing w/ i-66...CAKE n' SHAKE is thebomb.com!!! add strawberries to it...HEAVENLY!!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger poeticmutiny said...

I wanted to try it but I'll admit, I was scared it would be too sweet.

On a side note, I just wanted to say I love your blog!

I work for http://www.kultic.com and should you ever want a discount, let me know!

Drop us a line if you ever need anything or if you want to develop a mutually beneficial relationship. Keep up the great work and have a nice day!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Starbucks can't keep up with their own marketing sometimes.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

golden goose sneakers
golden goose
hermes
jordan
supreme outlet
supreme clothing
yeezys
bape outlet
off white clothing
air jordan

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home