Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday Boobies - 1 Year Blog Anniversary Edition

Happy Friday Boobies! In honor of tomorrow being my 1 year blog anniversary, I've decided to feature myself as the Friday Boobies lady.



First, there was this post from November where I provided photographic evidence as to why my boobs rock. Then I won an award for best blogger boobies. Now I've outdone myself by giving Helga and Olga, literally my bosom buddies, a score of 9.5 (hey I don't claim to be perfect!).

During this last year I have come to know other blogger babes who enjoy boobies as well. It seems to be a common theme. Most importantly I have enjoyed meeting DC bloggers and sharing my stories with everyone. And wow, has the world changed in the past year. Hurricane Katrina, the Bush Administration, the war in Iraq, me getting a boyfriend (gasp!), the birth of Tai Shan, the inauguration of Friday Boobies, the list goes on and on. Look out for a "Best of Beltway Series" on the sidebar soon...

I started writing in this blog after seeing a blog of an acquaintance who was chronicling his study abroad adventures in Africa. At the time blogging seemed like a novel idea. Like, hey I can post some pics and make fun of people doing stupid things. OK, let's try it. As I started reading other blogs from around the country I came to realize that this medium - blogging and online journal postings - speaks to the human emotion of connection. Even if you have never met a person, when you read their blog you can get a small taste of who they are. Am I defined by my blog? Of course not. But does my spirit, voice, and passion reside in every post? I believe so. To share facets of myself while learning about what makes other people unique has been a great joy to me over the course of the past year. So here's to my 1 year anniversary and thanks to everyone for reading, commenting, and sharing your insight!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Happy Anniversary VP!!! Love you AND your boobies. ;)

PS - um, I think someone else's boobs have been the subject of conversation... not sayin', just sayin'

xo

12:45 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

the DC area has been blessed by our bosoms Kathryn!

12:49 PM  
Blogger O-FACE said...

You have some nice ol tig bitties....nice.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Your girls are truly fab.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary!

Have a good weekend.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Boobies Boobies - didn't we talk about doing a joint post with this theme - and we are anniversary twins!! :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Sparklebot said...

Congrats to you and your ladies.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Yay!!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Those are 10s honey! No question.

1:08 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

thanks everybody

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home