Monday, July 31, 2006

She's Gotta Have It

Occasionally, I get obsessed with products, food, CDs, concepts, etc that permeate my life for a good two weeks. Having a shopping addiction doesn't help either. Once my mind is locked into something I HAVE to have it. So here are my current obsessions that keep me up at night and nourish the body:


1. Feta cheese - I'll put it on just about anything. Last week I threw some feta on a Philly Cheesesteak that unfortunately was sans cheese and a little dry. Feta in my salad. Feta on my pizza. Feta in my omelet.

2. Purses - I own too many for one woman. I collect purses like most girls do with shoes. I have never been in to shoes. I could go barefoot a la Fred Flintstone and as long as I was carrying a a soft, buttery, Prussian blue purse like I just bought at Barney's then I would be fine. This is a true lifelong obsession.

3. Tropical Passion Fruit Scent from Bath and Body Works - I am a devotee of Sweet Pea, but Tropical Passion Fruit (TPF) is giving my fave scent a run for its money. The TPF lamp oil, lotion, and shower gel is heaven. I imagine Miss Dominican Republic must smell like this all the time....

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stadium Arcadium - This CD has not left the player in my car for 2 months. "Animal Bar", "Hump de Bump", "Charlie", "Especially in Michigan", etc. etc. the hits just keep on coming. And I'm seeing them at the Virgin Music Festival.

5. Air conditioning - self-explanatory. Stay hydrated everyone.

6. Planning my Bday month - There are so many questions: Will this year's Bday be as hot and steamy as last year's? Will Kathryn bring stickers for everyone?? Will Malibu Ken totally surprise me with a cool gift? How many times can I dine out the week of my Bday (Aug 14 which happens to be Restaurant Week)? Fidel Castro was born the day before me so maybe he can fly over to help me celebrate? Happy Bday Fidel!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, PLEASE tell me where you ate a decent Philly cheesesteak! And feta is delicious! You can make my 'fabolous' salad - spinach, avacado, almonds, feta, tomatoes, black olives, and green goddess dressing. The feta is key!

6:22 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

What was I doing last year? Oh yeah, crutches, right...

Happy Birthday Month, sis!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Birthdaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! :)

PS I have way too many purses too. And I like feta. And I plan my bday way in advance. And I can't live without A/C.

Yeah, we already knew we were practically the same person...hah

7:38 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet said...

Hey DC PCD!! I've been a lurker for almost a year. . and since the arrival of our birthday month and day (I'm Aug 14 too!!)I figured I'd give you a happy birthday month shout out!! I've grown A LOT last year and look forward to great things this year!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

MY birthday is restarurant week, too!!! How friggin fab is that? I can't wait for all the lunches and dinners.

Also, I too love the handbag. Give me a purse over a shoe anyday.

11:46 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

mappy - our office had a free "philly style" lunch from a deli in tysons.

I-66 - mayhaps you can amke an appearance this year!

AM - AC is CRUCIAL for this week. i can't even attempt to look ulttra cute when i'm sweating buckets.

bittersweet - welcome my fellow leo! happy bday month to you :)

marci - i already have a reso for Georgia Browns, Corduroy, and Acadiana. can't wait!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great thing about being growed-up is that you can do all the stuff you wanted to do as a kid, like eat ice cream for breakfast or celebrate your birthday for a whole month (which hadn't even occurred to me before, but October's coming up quick)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home