Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm at the point of no return, just watch me burn.....

I don't understand
What destiny's planned
I'm starting to grasp
What is in my own hands
I don't claim to know
Where my holiness goes
I just know that I like
What is starting to show
Clean - Depeche Mode



First, Christmas was good. I'm very lucky to have a caring family who try to make the holidays fun.

Second, I'm stuck at work this week because I have no vacation time. But let's be serious - there is no work being done.

One of the things on my mind right now is dreading New Year's Eve. It is the most anti-climatic reason to celebrate in the history of celebrations.

I guess last year was the most fun NYE I've had. I was in a really good mood at the time because I was falling in love with MK and I went down to Nags Head for MK's best friend's wedding. I have a lot of great memories from down there - being with MK 24/7, meeting his friends and college mentor, dancing with his best friend's Dad, eating tons of seafood, walks on the beach, salt and sand on my face. It was a really great weekend and for the first time ever (yes, ever in my 24 years of existence) I had someone to kiss when the clock struck midnight.

And right now I can't get these memories out of my head. The resounding truth is that this NYE will be much different. I have no one to kiss, no MK to look up at and see the joys of the past year. It's enough to make a girl want to stay home on NYE and eat shrimp lo mein and cry.

But, what I now realize is that I don't need to look at anyone else to see all of the joy, and pain, of the last year. I've experienced these emotions the only way I know how - on my own, and trusting in my capacity to learn. I'm not getting on a pedestal and saying I don't need a man - of course I want a boyfriend who will display all the passion, caring, maturity and honesty I deserve. I think for now I am grateful to be alive and feeling (even though at times I wish I were numb to it all). I hope 2007 will be a grand year filled with love, laughter, and fun (and wine by the bucketloads).

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger KassyK said...

Amen!! I relate to this post on all levels and I wish you only the best in 2007. 2006 seems to universally be the year of heartbreak for us girls and it can only get better right?
XOXO

1:11 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

I know what you mean about having memories about last year at this time. I have some of those as well that are bugging me, so I'll be kissless on NYE with you. :)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

"Wine by the bucket loads"

A. MEN.

First bottle's on me.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I know it's so hard and weird to remember those good times and memories...and then be like well shit now what...

But I hope that 2007 is good for you my dear! We must hang out...it's been way too long!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Between health issues and my father dying, this was the year from hell. 2007 can only be better for me. I look forward to reading your blog in the coming year. Now. I am OUTTA here for the night.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time the other night. I 'd never received a prostate massage before but it was pretty nice. Thanks again.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home